January 4, 2010

The River

"So why do we always go to the river at odd hours in the night?"
"Because."
"...what?"
"Because its the river, and the river is awesome."
"Heh. ok"
"Walking by the river makes me forget about everything else for a while, you know, I can just kick back and not think about anything."
"That makes sense."
"The city skyline is pretty at night"
"Yeah, especially with the full moon"
so are you
"What do you want to do?"
be with you
"What do you mean?"
"You know, like, after all of this is over"
I wish it never is
"like college?"
"yeah"
"I have no clue. Maybe I'll be a bum in Central Square"
"(laughs) oh come on, you're going to get a high paying job and buy an island or something"
"I guess that would be nice" but not as nice without you "What do you want to do?"
"Probably go to grad school"
"Why?"
"I never want to stop learning"
"But you learn in the real world, too."
"Thats true, but not like you can learn here. There's so much to learn, I feel as though I have to make the most of every single moment that I have here"
me too.
"I like how we can just come out here and talk about anything"
"Me too. (glances at watch) oh wow its 4:30 already"
"Eh, thats not so bad."
"Do you want to head back?"
"Not really"
"Ok."

"What are you doing?"
"nothing...."
"Put that camera away!"
"no I want a picture of you!"
"why?"
"Because."
"...what?"
"Because its you, and you're awesome"
"Heh, ok"

"Its 5. we should really head back"
"I suppose"
"Yeah he's probably wondering where I am"
"Oh right, he probably is"

No comments:

Post a Comment